These bright, colourful, thought provoking questions are designed to encourage learners in grades 5 through 8 to become more involved in learning mathematics. The over 200 high quality questions, with on-screen hints and answers, cover many curriculum strands and learning outcomes.
- As a whole class activity
- Individual student learning
- To introduce, support and enforce a concept
- To improve math vocabulary and English skills
- To develop and improve problem solving skills
- To support a variety of ability levels
- To support a variety of learning styles
- To help structure the curriculum and learning environment
- For individual or group learning in a resource centre
- As a fun way to learn in a home or self study environment
Download free sample questions
The questions are formatted in such a way that users can select a curriculum strand (Number, Patterns, Measurement, Geometry, Algebra, or Data Analysis), then select a topic within the strand (eg Decimals, 2-D Geometry, Statistics) and even specific questions within the topic.
PDF: Math Starters Student
This set of over 200 colourful questions covering many curriculum topics is designed to interest and motivate students. The questions together with on-screen hints and are laid out in such a way that a teacher can select a topic and specific questions from the menu/index.
Our resources are available on these teaching sites. Click to visit.